Thursday, March 21, 2013

Take It & Make It with the 2nd Grade Pad

I'm glad to be back with The 2nd Grade Pad for another week
of Take It and Make It.
In honor of the Easter season, I wanted to share with you a craft idea 
that is included in my new Easter packet, He's Alive!
If you click on the cover above, you can download the directions and pattern.
Copy the cross pattern for each child. Or you could have them trace and cut out of card stock.
(I used card stock because I wanted it to be sturdier.)

Next tear up scraps of brown construction paper and have them cover the entire cross with the scraps.
It gives it a rugged, wooden look.
Copy the scripture page and have them fold it over and glue it to itself.
I have included a copy with no color and also a blank template in case you want to choose a different verse,
or have your kids write it themselves.
Be sure to head over to The 2nd Grade Pad to see what else you can find:)
Graphics From the Pond
Beautiful pink frames are from my dear friend Mel over at Graphics From the Pond.


5 comments:

  1. I love to see crafts at Easter that focus on the resurrection, and not just on bunnies, eggs and chicks. While it's lovely to celebrate Spring, we cannot lose sight of what we really have to celebrate! Easter is an old pagan tradition of nature worship. Let's celebrate the Saviour!
    Visiting from Make it and Take it Linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly:) Thank you so much for taking the time to visit.
    Merinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! It's nice to see a craft that honors the real reason we celebrate Easter. This is a very nice activity.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Came to you from Take It and Make It Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merinda,

    I see you leaped into the world of blogging. Last time I talked with you did not have a blog. I am now following you.

    Have a blessed Easter!

    Charlotte

    Charlotte's Clips and Kindergarten Kids

    Faith Filled Freebies

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I finally took the plunge Charlotte! I'm so glad you stopped by and thanks for following!
    Merinda

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips