Thursday, October 22, 2020

Touching Jesus


I just finished reading a biography on Mother Teresa.
Like everyone, I could pick her out of a lineup but I had never read or heard a detailed account of her work, her life,
her ministry, her sacrifices.
It was incredible.

While reading, I came across this quote from her....

"I know I am touching the living body of Christ
in the broken bodies of the hungry and the suffering."
Mother Teresa

It made me wonder about us as teachers and how we are really treating the students in our classrooms.
How do we think of them?
What do our words and actions reveal?

What if we looked at every student in our charge and imagined them as if they were Jesus?
How would we treat Jesus if HE were sitting
 in our classroom?

I know what we would SAY in answer to that,
but what do we really DO?

Would we be annoyed that HE needed to sharpen HIS pencil for the 12th time in an hour?

Would we be so mad at "Mary" for not sending in snack AGAIN that we take our frustration out on Jesus?

Would our tone of voice be any different?

Would we pause and think before responding?

Mother Teresa says treat them all like they are Jesus.
Guess what Jesus has to say about it.........

And the King will answer them,
"Truly, I say to you,
as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,
you did it to ME."
Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips