Saturday, February 12, 2022

Bible Drills

If you are not doing Bible drills with your kids,
you (and they) are missing out!

In honor of Valentine's Day, I used my 
Love in the Bible task cards to do Bible drills
with my 2nd - 5th graders.
When I was a kid in Training Union
(yep, I'm that old),
Bible drills were a regular Sunday night activity.

Here's how we did it....

Everyone gets a Bible,
call out "Draw Swords"
(the Bible is the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT)
when you call out, they hold up their Bible
(it ensures no one gets an early start),
call out the verse you want them to look up,
they look it up as quickly as they can.
When the majority make it to the right Scripture,
we call out the page number so no one is left out.
Then ask the question on the task card.
You can have them all call out the answer and 
then read the verse to clarify.  
Then go on to the next verse.

They had soooo much fun! And 
what is better than having your students dig in the Word?

You can do this with any of my task cards sets.
Here is a link to all of them..


Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips