Saturday, August 27, 2022

Bible Review with Headbands

Well, we're back in full swing around here.
We're on week 3 of Bible study already,
but I wanted to share our first week back.

This year I'm teaching 3rd - 5th grade Bible.
I've had most of these kids since the 1st grade.
We use the Gospel Project curriculum
which walks them all the way through the Bible.

I knew that I needed to review during our first class
and it was a lot to cover.
So, what they thought was a game
turned into a really great and fun review.
My adult kids and I have game night regularly at my house
and HEADBANDS is one of our favorites.
So instead of just talking at my students,
we played Headbands Bible Review.

I simply attached a card with topics that I wanted them to review. They started shouting out clues to help me guess what was on my head. I pretended to not know until I got all the facts that I wanted from them. I "guessed" what was on my head and then moved on to the next card. The game also helped me clear up misconceptions (for example, if they said "she's married to Joseph" I would say "it's Mary" and they would yell "no").

It was soooo much fun!
I felt like it was a great review and the next week we were able to jump straight into our new lessons for the year.

We have also used Bible word cards to play Pictionary and Charades. All of them are good ways to review or just practice any words or topics that you need to.
I'm including 3 of my FREE resources that would work really well for any of the review games mentioned above. Click on each of them to grab your free copies.
HAVE FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips